How to backup of all Linux configuration files at once?

how to take backup of all linux configuration files at once using any tools either commands? i am in need for this while migrating linux server in another host at same DC. my server is in production environment.
kindly help

Welcome linux.cnf,

Which configuration files are you thinking of? They are many and varied depending what you want your server to do, what packages are installed, where base configuration files point to etc.

If you are cloning, have you considered tools such as those sold by Storix � Linux, AIX and Solaris Backup and System Recovery Software or the like? They allow you to reconfigure as you move but keep everything else, so you can set up new disk LVM layout if you need to and change the IP addresses to avoid conflict etc. There is also Home | Cristie Software | BMR | System Recovery | DR | Migration and probably others too, but I find Storix the best - a personal preference, not a Unix.Com recommendation

Apart from these, you would need to have a list of the files you want to take across. Perhaps you could use that list as input to tar with the -T flag - if that is correct for your OS version, which you don't mention other than 'Linux'

Can you share the output from uname -a

I hope that this helps,
Robin