how to add a default gateway in a zone of different VLAN of global zone

Hi Greetings...

I have an issue in connecting the zone from outside the network and it is because of default gateway. I can ping default gateway from inside the zone and not able to ping from global zone due to different VLAN issue. If i add two different gateways and restart network services, server is going not reachable for ssh login.

Can any one please help me in setting up a default gateway inside a zone ??

Thanks in advance....
Regards,
Vara

I don't fully understand your situation.

Are you saying you can ping the default gateway from within the zone, but not from the global zone?

Have you configured your zone to use ip-type=shared (default) or ip-type=exclusive

If your zone is configured as ip-type=shared it will use the global zone's default gateway etc. You cannot change any IP settings within the zone itself.

On the other hand, if you have configured your zone as ip-type=exclusive it should be a simple case of added your default gateway to the /etc/defaultrouter file within the zone.

1 Like

Not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but this is generally realized via tagged VLANs setting on shared network interface (let's suppose that you don't use dedicated interface for local zone).
Try bro Goggle for more info.