How many hours do you spend at unix.com a week ?

This includes the time you spend reading threads, answering them and all the other activities at unix.com on an average for a week.

This poll is about your time with unix.com :b:

Poll and if possible just drop a short note about which part of the day you spend the most !!!

I hope this is yet another cool poll ! :slight_smile: :b: :smiley:

A couple of hours a day (I think). Its been like this since I changed jobs... don't have nearly as much free time now. And I'm logged in from work mostly.

I've not read or posted here for a loooong time since the last month, when I've received a mail from mods saying "We have not seen you for a while, please stop by and contribute!". So I thinked: why not :slight_smile:

When I registered I really was a noob in the unix world and didn't have any skill for actively contributing in the forums, now I'm surely not a guru but with time I've learnt many many interesting things and I can defend myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I'm spending about 2 hours a day reading forums and trying to help. I hope to continue partecipating the discussions, especially now that at work we have a bit of dead time... But unfortunately I think this situation is going to change quickly!

Well in that case, welcome back! I am glad you feel more comfortable now, and are making use of the site.

Yes, welcome back!

I'm going to send out more messages to inactive users!!! :smiley:

you got me on that one.:stuck_out_tongue:

Greetings robotronic! (Geneva isnt far from Italy...)
>I've not read or posted here for a loooong time since the last month, when I've received a mail from mods saying "We have not seen you for a while, please stop by and contribute!". So I thinked: why not

Me the same! got a mail of mod in mid Jan" vbe! We miss you at The UNIX Forums!", took me a day to realize I was member of this forum since 2005 and have never contributed...(the truth is I forgot all about it...) I had to ask my details and reset the passwd...
Im trying to catch up...

All the best

The last couple of month i spent zero time at the forum :wink: cause there was no time to stay here. But lets se what happens in future.

I usually check in every weekday morning after I have read my email.

Also got the mail and still visit this site in my daily internet rotation but never log in to reply.

I received an email about not visiting the site for awhile. I've been too darn busy lately but I thought I'd drop by tonight and see what's new on unix.com.

Mostly I peruse the site at home and at nighttime (no time during the day)...maybe an hour or so. I noticed the traffic levels (via compete) have increased since my last visit - good! I referred a couple admins to the site. :slight_smile:

We appreciate that. "Word of mouth" is always the best form of advertising. :slight_smile:

Yes, it's the only form of advertising that is really "sticky."

I spent at least 10 hours in unix.com.

I usually take a look around in the morning (GMT) and the total time depends on whether any questions pique my interest and how much real work I have to do.

Greetings to all.

I just signed up. So I am not sure really how long I will be on. I do anticipate many hours spent here. I have been browsing the last day or so. I am really liking what I see. I will spread the word.

I'm surprised past searches for unix/linux matters did not turn this site up for me in the past. Glad I finally got here. I guess it was one of those - too obvious to notice - things *shrug*.

Cheers!

I'm new user in unix.com

so I don't can answer now

I am new to this forum. But lately i have started spending 5 to 6 hours on this forum.

On average 30 minutes per day

I started spending good amount of time recently now.

I got very much interested in answering the people, and helping them. I believe i will be continuing this for couple of years at least.