how i write script to create 30 processes

helo i make one process for com port . in that i create two thread one for reading data and another for writing data to com port.
now i want to write a script which create 30 processes for handling 30 com port.
is it good solution for handling 30 com port.
Thx & Regards,
Amit

shell scripts let you create child processes, not threads. You can create threads using a compiled language like C.

Whether creating 60 processes is a good idea or not depends on a lot of factors, mostly available system resources.

Instead of telling us what you think you need to do, tell us what you are required to do

example: listen to 30 COM ports and write files based on their data streams.

Sir,
i have 30 com ports which are connected with modems(each modem has rs-232 interface).
at server side i want to write application using c or c++ which monitors all 30 com ports and when data come on particular port , it reads it(data comming in form of packets).
so when packets come on particular port, process of that port extract the packet and send to another modem via another port.

so i m thinking to create one com process and after that using shell script i want to create 30 same com process.

for exaple for com port one CCU1 process. like i want to create seperate processes for each port.
functionality of each process is same read data from the com port and write data on the particular com port.
so how i write such script to create 30 com processes from one process.
Thanks and Regards,
Amit

QUOTE=jim mcnamara;302139125]shell scripts let you create child processes, not threads. You can create threads using a compiled language like C.

Whether creating 60 processes is a good idea or not depends on a lot of factors, mostly available system resources.

Instead of telling us what you think you need to do, tell us what you are required to do

example: listen to 30 COM ports and write files based on their data streams.
[/quote]