How does ITIL processing happen in AIX?

How does ITIL process is implemened in AIX?

are you referring to ITIL ,process methodology

yes....

I am not sure what you are asking then. ITIL is a methodology, that was developed in Europe. There is a similar methodology used, developed in the USA, but I can't remeber its name.

ITIL basically lays down the standard practices that an orgainisation should put in place to cover of their IT processes. Some items covered are capacity management, knowledge base, work flow, asset management (CMDB) and software management (Software Library). The list is endless, and covers anything you can think of that revolves around a repeatable process within the IT industry. There are courses available that cover ITIL from Basic to Advanced.

I don't know if this is of help to you or not

Thanks for the information. Ijust wanted to know how this process is applied in AIX issues

Dear,

ITIL is not like issue solving method course. It is like managment course. How handle the servers Accounts like asset management, user account management. Simply we can say it is like auditor course for who are all in IT.

I agree, but you are simplifiying the process. When fully implemented, and you are running a mature ITIL implementation, it is s you say an audit mechanism, asset tool (CMDB), software library (DSL), problem and incident resolution, configuration manager, capacity manager, and the list goes on.

It basically governs by process and procedure what an IT member does. It governs from senior mnagement down to the floor.

It is basically common sense. We all follow most of the inbuilt functionality of the process, without even knowing anything about ITIL, because it represents a logical and structured approach to how IT members do their jobs.

I will now get off my "high horse"

Alan