How do i select all contents between two numbers?

I want to select contents between two numbers say 1. and 2. from an output file which has many numbers but only the these two ending with a dot(.) eg 1. 2 . 32. etc I was looking to select with the use of a counter then modify the selected contents and put it in an output file where again the output file seems to overwrite. The external file contains many spaces and new lines in the contents. I am newbie in scripting. Sorry for the long post.

"freedom 
hey begin Majnu 
Market M.G.Street 

Ghatkopar (W)
end
Mumbai 400086 India"

This would be the text in an external text file. I am looking to select every thing between 'begin' and 'end' then choose text based on match strings like street in this case and add into a filed named streets.

I have used

echo | sed -e '/begin/,/end/p' /path/to/file.text | more 

to select text between begin and end

thisString=$inputline
searchString=" Street"

case $thisString in

*"$searchString"*) echo "Street found"

to find the letter Street.

I'm confused by your request, since I don't see anything like what you want to match (a number, followed by .) in your input text.

I am so sorry. I will try to explain again. I am looking to select contents between two consecutive serial numbers from an external text file and search words between them ( eg street) and output it in a text file (eg street names).

eg:

1. blah blah. blah something.
    some street, again some blah blah.
  2. blah blah. blah something.
    blah 589, some other street, again some blah blah.

Output in streetnames.text
some street
some other street... etc

Something like this..?

[mkt@michael]$ sed -n '/begin/,/end/{
> /Street/p
> }' inputfile > streetnames.txt
[mkt@michael]$ cat streetnames.txt
Market M.G.Street
[mkt@michael]$