How do I export a zfs filesystem that I created?

I created a zpool and two ZFS volumes in OpenSolaris. I would like both ZFS volumes to be exportable. However, I don't know how to set that up.

These are the steps I did:

1) Create the zpool using raidz1 across five disks.

I have six disks and created a zpool across 5 of them. c4t0d0 already is being used by the default zpool so I excluded it.

zpool create raidpool raidz1 c4t1d0 c4t2d0 c4t3d0 c4t4d0 c4t5d0

2) Do a zpool status -v.

zpool status -v raidpool
pool: raidpool
state: ONLINE
scrub: none requested
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    raidpool    ONLINE       0     0     0
      raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
        c4t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        c4t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        c4t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        c4t4d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        c4t5d0  ONLINE       0     0     0

# Things look good so far....

3) Create the first volume with compression on and mountpoint set to where I want this volume's export point to be:

zfs create -V 80G -o compression=lzjb -o mountpoint=/vol01 raidpool/vol01

cannot create 'raidpool/vol01': 'mountpoint' does not apply to datasets of this type

# Shouldn't the mountpoint option work and then let me mount raidpool/vol01 as /vol01 from another host via NFS? This is my understanding from reading the ZFS Administration Guide.

# I also tried using mountpoint with the sharenfs option:

zfs create -V 80G -o compression=lzjb -o mountpoint=/vol01 -o sharenfs=on raidpool/vol01

cannot create 'raidpool/vol01': 'mountpoint' does not apply to datasets of this type

# Still doesn't work. How can I get raidpool/vol01 be an exportable volume to other hosts?

Thnx.

try the same without the "-V 80G" option.

Thanx DukeNuke2. Not setting the -V option makes the ZFS directory exportable.

However, why is the zfs create -V option apparently mutually exclusive with the zfs create -o mountpoint option?

The reason is that a ZFS volume is a zfs "block device emulation" it does not contain a filesystem and is therefore not exportable as ZFS via NFS. zvols can be exported over iSCSI or in the case of OpenSolaris as FC targets, however to export a zvol over NFS a filesystem (UFS for example) must be created on the volume, it must be mounted using the legacy mount option and it must also be exported using the legacy NFS share/dfstab method.