How can we get the role information in MYSQL?

How can we get the role information in MYSQL?

Like we get in ORACLE from USER_ROLE_PRIVS table.

Currently MySQL does not support roles (sets of privileges).

But this tells that we can use the role in My SQL.

MySQL :: MySQL Workbench :: 7.4.3.1 Adding Roles

No,
this reference is telling you that you can add roles in MySQL Workbench ...

ok Thanks for your prompt reply.

If I have installed mysql using "mysql-essential-5.1.34-win32.msi" on "Comp1" and I want to connect to Comp1-> Mysql server from Comp2.

Then Is there any client requirement on Comp2 (like Oracle we have client) or I need to install "mysql-essential-5.1.34-win32.msi" this on Comp2 also.

If Client is required, Where Should I get this client?

Also If I need to access mysql server installed on windows from Unix platform(linux, Solaris, HPUX) So what are the steps to do on all these Unix platform to get connection on windows mysqlserver.

Amit

I depends on how exactly you need to access the database. Many programming languages have included support for connecting to MySQL server.
Check the download page, the section is Drivers and Connectors.

If you want to use these client programs, I believe you need to install the whole bundle.

Thanks. It is worked for me.

---------- Post updated at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 AM ----------

I am trying to build the my project on HPUX (HP-UX oscar B.11.11 U 9000/800 741028561 unlimited-user license) which access the Mysql library. But it is giving error as :

Error : MySQL51/lib/hpux/libmysqld.a(client.o) - shared library must be position independent. Use +z or +Z to recompile.

I am using this option in building:
aCC -Wl,+s,-E,+vnocompatwarnings -z -g0 -b -Wl,-Bsymbolic.

I also tried using the +Z, +z, also added CFLAGS=-fPIC in makefile.Still it is giving error.

I have taken the mysql library from : mysql-5.1.34-hpux11.11-hppa2.0w.tar.gz

Can you please suggest the solution?