How can change the name of the system

Hi
I have Ubuntu on servers and centos
Is there a way to falsify or mislead any person who wishes to knowing the type of system used on the server
Any example, can change the name Ubuntu to Fedora for example, and especially those who are examining server through nmap :mad:
thank u

Scan your own system using nmap, and you'll see that it can't reliably deduce the distribution used, only guess at the kernel version used. Any other information is probably part of the banner message sent by services like Apache or the FTP server, and it's usually possible to disable that.

But the distribution itself isn't relevant in any attack anyways, but rather the version of the software used.

Good but you can change the name of the distribution, including for example, that open-source
Is there a way to prevent nmap from releasing information about the server
Is there a forum lessons talk about ways of rigging services?

I'm sorry, but is this a statement or a question? And either way: What?

Nope. As long as at least 1 port is open, nmap can get pretty reliable information about the system. And sometimes even if all ports appear to be closed. The only really reliable way of hiding your system from others is to take it offline.

On this site, no. However, if you post readable questions about specific services and it's daemons I'm sure you'll get the necessary solutions from our members.

thank u man

---------- Post updated at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:12 AM ----------

Good but you can change the name of the distribution, including for example, that open-source
this is question