hourly kannel log rotation

I need to Change threshold of rotation of kannel logs.
At the moment, Kannel (the SMS gateway system) logs activities in log files which are rotated daily.
Due to high traffic, the logs grow fast every day before they are rotated; meaning that the write speeds while logging slow down due to large log files.
This therefore requires me to change threshold of rotation of Kannel logs from daily to hourly to ensure that Kannel runs faster.

I am not aware, how to make this possible via kannel.. But the following strikes to me.

Unix system uses logrotate to do the log rotation of the system log files, which will have the entry for each programs in the directory.,

/etc/logrotate.d

So my suggestion is locate the file that is related to your process, and then edit it as daily to hourly... ( for example: i did for dkpg.log )

/var/log/dpkg.log {
        daily
        rotate 12
        compress
        delaycompress
        missingok
        notifempty
        create 640 root adm
}

as

/var/log/dpkg.log {
        hourly
        rotate 12
        compress
        delaycompress
        missingok
        notifempty
        create 640 root adm
}

I hope it helps.....

ca one v some thing like this?
/var/log/kannel.access.log /var/log/kannel.usage.log{
hourly
compress
date+H+Mext
maxage 159
rotate 32
missingok
notifempty
delaycompress
create 640 root root
sharedscripts
#Added for enabling process to write onto new logfile.
postrotate
chmod go+w /tmp/sms.log
killall -HUP bearerbox smsbox || true > /dev/null 2 > /dev/null #send HUP signal to reopen new log files after r
otate.
endscript
}
/var/log/kannel.access.log /var/log/kannel.usage.log /tmp/sms.log {
daily
compress
dateext
maxage 159
rotate 32
missingok
notifempty
size +4096k
delaycompress
create 640 root root
sharedscripts
#Added for enabling process to write onto new logfile.
postrotate
chmod go+w /tmp/sms.log
killall -HUP bearerbox smsbox || true > /dev/null 2 > /dev/null #send HUP signal to reopen new log files after r
otate.
endscript
}

---------- Post updated at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:30 AM ----------

@thegeek
What I want is to maintain the daily logrotation but also run te hourly for the logs that fillup fast.

Thank lots.