Home dir for users

Hello all,

Most of our users have the same home directory, I know it's weird but it has been like this before me and we don't want to change that for now. When creating a new user using command useradd, it is not allowing me to create it because it is using the home directory of someone else. I do use this command under a script :

/usr/sbin/useradd -g $GRO -d $HDIR -s /usr/bin/ksh -c "$FISRTNAME $NAME" $USE

Variables works fine...actually if I chose another home dir it is working fine. Just when 2 users have the same home dir. I know that you can go under SAM and change it, but still if you do that, the home dir will become own by the new user... I don't want that. So the other option is vipw the password file and change it manually... you also understand that I don't want that too. I thought about using sed to make the change in the password file using the script...but hummm ..no so sure if it is a good thing to do... any idea?

HP-UX 11.23

make template in sam, and use the purticular template to create similer user permission.

I think you only have to change the permission of the home users directory, so every one can access to it. You can do it by the command chmod 777.