hmc not rebooting

Anyone faced this?

I rebooted the HMC through command line after patch installation (hmcshutdown -t now -r)

The strange thing happened was the hmc never rebooted, I was not able to connect it through graphical view or through ssh, but the session through which i issued the command was still active and i was able to pass other commands

hmc version 7

Bala

Do you know what version your HMC is @? 7.?.?

I had this issue and it was due to the /var filling up with old log files.

First step, try hard powering down the HMC and start it back up. Sometimes a 2nd reboot resolves the issue if you have new enough code.

Next step, try to ssh onto the server even thought he server appears to be hung... if you can access it via ssh there is a chhmcfs command you can run.

This might be a elementary question, but did you update the HMC with both CD's/ZIP files before restarting?

Hey..

The hmc version is 7.3.3.0 service pack 1. all i tried is to bring the hmc to service pack 2

I tried installing the below to fixes

HMC_Update_V7R330_SP2_1.zip
HMC_Update_V7R330_SP2_2.zip

The installation went fine.. but the reboot never went properly. I don't have access to hmc now. Waiting for someone to hard reboot the hmc.

I did not use any iso image for installation

That was the same version I had the /var issue with.
Here is the resolution to a similar issue that I had... may be closer to your problem
IBM - HMC backup critical console data fails with error HSCP0198

I have updated to 7.3.4 with the fixpack and I have not had this issue come back.

Hey tdiYUZER

Thats something new to me.. Will check and get back..

Thanks

Bala