Help with starting VM from automated Putty script

Hi there,

I have a guest XP VM setup on ubuntu with KVM. I can start the VM from the CLI with the following command:

/usr/bin/virsh create /var/lib/zentyal/machines/XP_VM/domain.xml

What I need to accomplish is to automatically start this from a windows machine via an ssh connection. I have been using Plink with the following command:

plink.exe -batch usernam@IP_address -pw password /usr/bin/virsh create  /var/lib/zentyal/machines/XP_VM/domain.xml

But I get this error:

error: internal error: /usr/lib/qemu/qemu-bridge-helper --br=br1 --fd=31: failed to communicate with bridge helper: Transport endpoint is not connected¬
stderr=failed to parse default acl file `/etc/qemu/bridge.conf''

The file /etc/qemu/bridge.conf doesn't exist even in the VM is successfully started. I am not sure why I am getting this error?

I don't have an answer to your question, but does your userid refer to a place in Wales?

1 Like

Maybe!!

Maybe I was one of those little nippers that told his Mum he was going to Porthkerry and went to Barry Island and the docks instead.
If you log in using putty, do you get the same error? Assuming that you normally start the VM from a terminal session within the graphical interface.