Help with Shell Scripts Using sed in multiple files.

Hi, I was hoping that someone could help me. I have a problem that i am trying to work on and it requires me to change text within multiple files using sed. I use the program to change an occurance of a word throughout different files that are being tested. At first i had to Create a new script, sub2, taking the same three parameters (replacing an occurance of a word in a shell script), that treats the string to be replaced as plain text instead of as a regular expression. I did that and now I have Generalize my sub2 script, producing a new script sub3 that will apply a substitution to any number of files given on the command line. For example
~/UnixCourse/scriptAsst/sub3 foo bar myFile1.txt myFile2.txt
myFile3.txt

should apply the same substitution throughout each of the three files named there.
Here is my code

#!/bin/sh
File1="$3"
File2="$4"
File3="$5"
testNum="$File1"

for file in ~/*
do
echo $testNum

A="$1"
echo $A
B="$2"
C="$3"
echo "$A" | sed -e 's/\([*.[^$]\)/\\\1/g' > temporary
A="`cat 'temporary'`"
rm temporary
echo "$A"

sed "s/$A/$B/g" "$C" > myFile.txt.updated
mv myFile.txt.updated "$C"
cat "$C"

done

---------- Post updated at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:25 PM ----------

I also posted this in the homework section but i haven't got a response so that is why i am posting it here.

It's only been an hour. We are not "on call".

Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.