Help with nohup

I have a script test1.ksh (Korn shell) and within that I am calling another script test2.ksh

test2.ksh runs for a pretty long time and hence wanted to execute as nohup from within test1.ksh

nohup ./test2.ksh

Question 1) dont think the above is working , although executing the nohup ./test2.ksh from within command line works. How can i make it to work from within test1.ksh ?

Question 2) test1.ksh is an user interactive script , can i call it as nohup ? if yes -- if xterm times out -- then how can I resume the script test1.ksh from where xtern ended (say for example -- waiting for a User input ) -- without the need to start from scratch

Normally, nohup is used to create a child process that will not respond to a "hangup", in most cases it means keep onrunning if the parent process goes away.

So, really should not be typing paramters onto the terminal for test2.ksh. Instead change
the test1.ksh to use a here document to launch test2.ksh
Example lets say you need to pass a date and a filename to test2.ksh:

nohup /path/to/test2.ksh << -EOF &
Jun 5 1990 
somefile.dat
EOF

test2.ksh will finish on its own so you should consider having it write to a file if it has something to say.
The reason my asnswer is kinda vague: your question would be better served if we actually had an idea of what those scripts are trying to do - not how you want to implement it. nohup is a tad toward the wonky side of things as I see it. The at command sounds like your friend in this case.