Help with duplex printing

I am able to use duplex printing with the -o duplex option. I am also printing landscape. It prints on the back of the page, however, I have to flip the page in order to see the other side right side up. Is there another option that will allow the duplex printing to print the right side up on front and back? One that would allow me to simply turn the page to see the other side right side up?

Are you saying that you want to use short edge binding, and the output is actually long edge?

I don't know anything about short edge binding, however, I did mess with this a little:

lp -o sides=two-sided-short-edge filename

Is this what you are talking about?

What I was saying in my original post is that I need it to print the same on each side of the paper (landscape format) so I can turn the page (like turning the page in a book) and be able to read the other side without flipping the paper.

Short edge binding means that if you use a 3 hole punch on the 81/2" side, you can read the report just by turning the pages.
Long edge binding means the same thing, except that the 14" side is bound, and you read the report by flipping the pages away from you, like you would expect with a report on continuous paper.

So this would do the trick if my printer allows for it?

lp -o sides=two-sided-short-edge filename

That sides= thing is printer-dependent so there's no info on that in 'man lp'. But if that option works for you, long-edge means that if you were binding them together, the long edge would be the ones stuck together, like in a three-ring binder. short-edge means that the short edge would be the one bound together, like pages in a clipboard. Your printing as landscape confuses the matter, you may need the opposite binding of what you'd normally expect.

Thanks for that info. I don't think my printer likes the sides = command because it is not working either way.

google says -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble might work. There's got to be a list of these options somewhere...

I tried that. It did not work. It is not a big deal. I am able to duplex and that is the main thing. Thanks.

If the printer is using PCL5 escape sequences, you could put them directly into the print file, rather than have the printer driver options do it for you.
Is there an option to print "raw", that is the printer driver does not add escape sequences to the job.
The escape sequence you are looking for is ESC&l2S (letter l).