Help With CVS - Not enough space

Hi,

I am having a strange issue with CVS. The output shows that there is not enough space for the .cvspass.

the .cvspass is in the users home dir, which has 4GB available.

Error Message:

cvs status: cannot read /home/<user>/.cvspass: Not enough space
cvs status: authorization failed: server <host> rejected access to <repo> for user <user>
cvs status: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

I am able to do a login without any errors ( this part was problematic in the begining).

If I do a checkout of the CVSROOT using the local repo, this is the error I see:

cvs checkout: cannot read file `/CVSROOT/modules' in mydbm_load_file: Not enough space

This directory has 2G available.

Does anyone have any idea's of where I can start to look?

This is for AIX server 7.1

Ignore the first message and pay attention to the 2nd diagnostic:

cvs status: authorization failed: server <host> rejected access to <repo> for user <user>
cvs status: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

Thanks. I did use the login command and it is successful but this message keeps coming up regardless

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Then why does the authorization denied message come up?

For the space issue, if that's a local and not a remote problem, try df -i . You might be out of inodes. Or the 4GB might be space reserved for root.

I don't think its out of inodes. I've tried setting it up on another FS with the same issue:

Filesystem    512-blocks      Free %Used    Iused %Iused Mounted on
/dev/apt002lv    4194304   2703472   36%    10816     4% /tmp/cvsroot

Are you sure it's running out of space on your system and not the system you're connecting to?

I've checked both... no issues on space... even if I run as root I have the same issue... but if I do a server version of this cvs and a old client version of cvs it works... I'm very confused lol

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk