Help with Capturing time from Autosys logs

Hi Guys, I'm very new to Shell scripting and have to design a code which I'm not able to find a way to. I will try to explain the aim in detail and shall be obliged if anyone could help me with the coding snippet.
I have an input file who's every row has a few details about an autosys Job. I shall write down the first entry of the file so that should give an idea :-

1,,Task Name,Application Name,Frequency of Job,expected starting Date and Time(2017-03-14 01:00 AM), Box Job name, Command Job Name

So in each row of the file there is a command Job name, for which there is an expected starting date and time in the input file itself. These two things are given in the input file itself. I have to now extract the latest log of this command job, from it's header extract the start time and compare it with the expected start date and time in the input file, if the extracted date and time from the log are greater than the expected one, it is indeed the log for that day and not a previous log. Also, the time in the log is of 24 hour format and the one in the input file is 12 hour.
Furthermore, for every row, after doing the above analysis, I have to add two more columns which are completion time if it is has completed and the current status of the Job i.e Scheduled, Running, Completed and failed.
If the Job has completed or failed, the log's last line shows " ++++COMPLETED++++ " or " ++++FAILED++++ " so maybe that can be used.

Please help me in coding the above scenario. Any assistance shall be of great help. Please help guys!!

Welcome to the forum.

To put people in a position to decently help you, a clear and precise specification of the problem is absolutely compulsory, including OS version, problem description, input sample, desired output, and preferred tools (like awk , sed , shell script, else).

Looking at your above post, only a fraction of these is supplied. We find one (of two) input file's structure (NO data!) - that's it. Wildly guessing, we could propose sth. that might do what we feel is what you request, but chances are small we hit the bull's eye.

Why don't you start over and supply a decent spec?

1 Like