Help to set permission on password files in script

Hi Techies
I am stuck in a problem, I have written a script which is calling a second script which contains some command and password for quering on database. I do not want to disclose this command or specially password file. Please help..

Please have a look on directory structure and permissions on them...

$ ls -l
-rwxr-x---    1 user staff           254 Dec 14 08:21 C4jobs.sh
drwxr-x---    2 user staff           256 Dec 14 08:30 testing

$ls -l testing 
-rwxr-x---    1 user staff            38 Dec 10 07:08 dspas
-rwxr-x---    1 user staff          1521 Dec 14 08:14 jobstatus1.sh

$cat C4jobs.sh
#!/bin/ksh
SHOME=/home/user/testing

if [[ $# -eq 0 ]]; then
echo "Please use this script like this :  /home/user/C4jobs.sh Job_No";
else
choice="$1";
fi
$SHOME/jobstatus1.sh $choice > dsjobresult 2>&1
----end of script -------------

Now as you can see I have given 750 permission to dir "testing" , files "C4jobs.sh", "jobstatus1.sh" and "dspas".

"dspas" contains the password where "jobstatus1.sh" contains the commands. I have given permission to user to execute "/home/user/C4jobs.sh" which is calling script " jobstatus1.sh" which is using the password from "dspas" files.

I want to secure dspas file as this file also have the permission of 750.
Please guide me to set the permission or if there is another way to secure, please share.

Thanks
Atul Singh

You can use the crypt command to lock down a file. Check out the usage here:

You can, sure... But if the program has to decrypt that file to use it, you've just handed out instructions on how to read that encrypted file to the world.

If I was genuinely worried about keeping a file secret, I'd set up a separate user account to hold secret things and configure sudo so they could sudo commandname to run it. No access otherwise.

And if you're trying to keep things secret from users with administrator access? You're just plain out of luck.