Help: Terminal Emulation for SCO Unix...

Question from a newbie:

We are running SCO Unix, and are using Century Software Windows Terminal Emulation �Term for Windows� for Win95 v6.3.9b.
It used to work fine when we had Win98 on our machines, but now we are updating them with Win2000/XP.
This WinTerm works fine on some machines, which are running Win2000/XP, but on some it does not work at all.

I replaced the AUTOEXEC.NT file in the system32 folder, but TERM still exists after opening it on different machines.

So need help from members to post any good �Terminal Emulation�, GUI freeware software for Win2000/XP, links or info from where I can download them...

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps......

10 views, but no reply :rolleyes:

i thought ppl help each other here....

no one has an answer.........................

Please make sure that you have read our rules. And note:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

The first time you violated this rule with the comment "i thought ppl help each other here...." would seem to imply that you think we have a answer but are withholding it for some reason. Your second violation had a more accurate comment: "no one has an answer".

We are not windows experts. Please do not bump this thread a third time. If someone here has an answer, I'm sure they will help you. Otherwise, take your windows question to a windows forum.

You don't say what verision of SCO Unix you are running, but you might have a solution already. Openserver 5.0.5 had a extra cd with it that has visionFS with it, if you are using visionFS it has a product called termlite with it.

Here is some info from SCO's website about installing it.

http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=108263&qid=612296040&sid=572710736&pgnum=1

if you don't need the pretty colors, windows (v3.1 and up) comes with a product called Hyperterminal ... if not already installed, install from the windows install cds .... another option is the windows telnet client ...

I like Putty ,which is very lightweight and has ssh support if you want to use that too.

I have used Century Software's TinyTerm before. But the absolute best terminal emulation software I have used is Ericom Software's PowerTerm. It's not free, though, except for the trial version.

If you're running SSH, you'll need to try PowerTerm Plus 7.1. Otherwise, they have many alternatives.

Also, you mentioned that your current TE program worked fine on 98 but not on XP. Have you tried simply running the TE program with reverse compatibility to Win 98/95?

Well, to his credit he did wait 6 days before his second bump! :wink:

just checked the site today....

A big thanks to everyone who replied...

will try to look in all help comments....

thanks again guys,,,,,

:o