Help Required to access files in Oracle T4-4 server

Hello, First i'm a newbie, so don't mind if i sound stupid.

I am working on Oracle t4-4 server with SUN SOLARIS 5.10 installed. I can access server via serial port and net mgt port. But the problem is when i login to console it starts flooding with messages and i can't type anything.

I know that can be corrected by changing configuration file that deals with messages. But network ports's addresses are unknown (or may be not set on reboot). So i can't access files via FTP.

Please help me to find a workaround.

I would shutdown the server from the serial port ILOM with stop /SYS and if that doesn't work with stop /SYS -f . After that set the server to only boot up to the ok> prompt from ILOM with -> set /HOST/bootmode script="setenv auto-boot? false . From there you can boot the server from console ( start /SP/console ) to single user mode with boot -s or boot from DVD/network to access the internal harddisk and fix any problems or look for the network settings.

1 Like

Thanks for reply. That makes sense :slight_smile: i will try this and let you know the result

If the login works, it might help to blindly type (use copy/paste!)

pkill syslogd
1 Like

Thanks all, boot -s did the trick, no messages in that mode. And then changed syslogd file.