HELP on parsing this log file

Hi,

I have a log file that looks like below and I am wanting to know if there is a better way of parsing it from how I am doing it right now.

I am looking for when an application service is OFFLINE and ONLINE. This log file is getting written into every 30 minutes

25_06_2013_01:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME           TARGET  STATE        SERVER                   STATE_DETAILS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cluster Resources
ora.mnl1.mnl1_app.svc
      1        ONLINE  ONLINE       mnl1db912
ora.mnl2.mnl2_app.svc
      1        ONLINE  ONLINE       mnl1db911
ora.mnl3.mnl3_app.svc
      2        OFFLINE OFFLINE      mnl1db912
      3        OFFLINE OFFLINE       mnl1db913
 25_06_2013_08:30
NAME           TARGET  STATE        SERVER                   STATE_DETAILS
Cluster Resources
ora.mnl1.mnl1_app.svc
      1        ONLINE  ONLINE       mnl1db912
ora.mnl2.mnl2_app.svc
ora.mnl3.mnl3_app.svc
      2        ONLINE  ONLINE       mnl1db912
      3        ONLINE  ONLINE       mnl1db913

From the sample excerpts above, I pass a service to check as the first argument for example, ./x.sh ora.mnl3.mnl3_app.svc which was OFFLINE at 0100 and ONLINE at 0830.

At the moment, what I am doing is reading each line, and checking if they are in the date format or ora.mnl3.mnl3_app.svc, if I found ora.mnl3.mnl3_app.svc, I then check for the next consecutive lines that starts with a white space and check if they have ONLINE or OFFLINE on it. I dontinue on from the start to the end of the log.

Is there any better way of doing this? Any advice much appreciated? Thanks in advance.

Not clear what you want to achieve. Looking for a certain service or for all services? And, service ora.mnl3.mnl3_app.svc was ONLINE on server 911 at 0100, so which line to pick?
Please show us your input parameter(s) and you desired output.