Help need with NFS

Hello All,

I'm having a challenge mounting an NFS share on a Windows 2012 Server to my Solaris 10 box. I run the following command and get the preceeding error:

bash-3.00# mount -F nfs ServerIP:/Folder/Path /local/folder/
nfs mount: mount: /local/folder: Operation not supported

I've search the net for the answer but cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Windows natively uses the SMB protocol - usually it is called cifs on UNIX. You can use Samba.

You cannot mount a CIFS share on Solaris 10. This OS bundles a Samba package but with no support for smbfs or other kernel mode client implementation.

It allows you to access shares with an ftp like CLI though, /usr/sfw/bin/smbclient (from the package SUNWsmbau).

There is also a commercial solution, sharity, but I have no recent experience with it.

Thanks for the responses but I'm using NFS for Windows Services. This worked just fine on my 2003 Windows Server, but I've now upgraded that server to Server 2012 and cannot get this to work.

It's not CIFS or SAMBA.

---------- Post updated at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:57 PM ----------

I got it to work by specifying an older version of NFS. This command worked for me.

mount -F nfs -o vers=2 ServerIP:/Folder/Path /local/folder/

1 Like

Interesting. It seems to advertise higher NFS version; check with

rpcinfo ServerIP

The actual applied mount options are

nfssat -m

Shouldn't that be: nfsstat -m ?

1 Like