Help loading a program into perl from a file on desktop

So I want to use this program that I have downloaded from: PaGE - Patters from Gene Expression

However, I am not sure how to actually get in to and run the program... I can log into the server, and was assuming I needed to get the "PaGE_5.1.6.pl" file into a folder some how, but not sure how to do it.

I tried opening the txt doc and copy and pasting it's contents into a perl file after opening a vi file, but it made the computer beep and buzz out in error, and didn't paste anything into the file.

I tried looking around the site to for them to guide me in to how I would actually get the program "installed" but no luck so far.

If someone can give me some pointers on how to get the thing installed, that would be great. I have a hard enough time installing things on windows right, so this command line stuff baffles me. Thanks!

open a command window and type

perl PaGE_5.1.6.pl

Thank you.

I actually figured out my problem. I had to move the program file from my desktop to the folder in which perl was run, which is on a server, so had to open an sftp thing, and drop it in the folder I wanted.

I sure don't make much sense, but I appreciate your help!