Help in launching firefox.

Hi,

-- I am new to linux, please bear with my tech terms.

I am using Red Hat 4.1.2-48 (Linux version 2.6.18-194.11.1.el5) for the project. This is a remote server and I do not use any GUI.

Now I need to install a product that requires me to launch firefox from linux. when i am trying to launch the firefox, i am getting the below error.

Error: cannot open display: :90.1

Should I need to use any xwindow or any other software to launch firefox from command line Linux?

Your help/suggestion would really help me.

I assume that you have a system with a working X Window server which you want to display the FireFox client on.

If this is the case, you need to enable access to your X Window system (xhost + or similar) and set the DISPLAY environmental variable on the Red Hat server to the IP address of your X Window system.

How are you getting into the remote sever? Why are you Using such a old Red Hat version. Can you tell us what kind of program your installing?

I am using putty to login to this linux server. I am trying to install a scheduling software. it has a launch pad.

when i execute the launchpad.sh, it says, unable to open the firefox browser. in the read me file, i can see that the server requires firefox to install this software.