HBA disappeared after reboot

Hello all I was configuring a SUN 2540 raid and after a reboot the hba`s is gone.
There is no longer an entry in etc/path_to_inst for them (2 cards).
I tried a reconfigure boot several times but it does not work.

The hba`s is a SUN qlogic 2200 in x4240 server (AMD).
Using solaris 10 update7.

The strange thing is that in messages there is a short message
that shows that there is some kind of communication with the raid

"Jul 23 16:47:05 d2smp01 scsi: [ID 456205 kern.info] smp0 at mpt0: wwn 500605b00002453f
Jul 23 16:47:05 d2smp01 genunix: [ID 936769 kern.info] smp0 is /pci@0,0/pci10de,375@f/pci1000,3150@0/smp@w500605b00002453f"

smp0 is the name i given the array.

I tried to remove and reinstall the SUNqls sunwqlcu drivers but no change.

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks in advance.
Jan

Have you tried :

probe-scsi-all

or (more likely):

probe-ide-all

down at the Open Boot Prom (after doing an "init 0" not a stop+A), does that list the discs in the RAID array? If it does not then there connection problems, if it does then there operating system problems, in which case format list the discs?
Normally a reconfiguration reboot does the trick but you have already tried that.

@Tony

it's a x86 machine... there won't be an OBP :wink:

Sounds like a hardware issue to me, unless the server picked up some configuration changes on reboot.

Also, "mpt0" would be an LSI HBA, not a QLogic one.

What's the result of "fcinfo hba-port"?

If you do have an LSI HBA, download the "lsiutil" tool from LSI's web site and use it to find out what your HBA can see.

Is the HBA connected to any storage ?

I ran across something similar, but with Sun Fire X4200 M2. Try the following steps:

1. Disconnect any storage array connected to the HBAs

2. Reboot the server

3. When you reboot, hit "CTRL +A (or S)" to get into the LSI RAID configuration utility.

4. From there, look what you can see, you should see MPT0 which is your RAID controller,and also you should be able to see your HBAs (MPT1, MPT2..).

5. Make sure the state is "Enabled" for all the HBAs, and note down the WWN of each HBA to cross check later.

6. Boot the machine

7. execute

# devfsadm
  1. Then do
# prtdiag -v

then see if you can see your HBA.

In my case, SAS storage was creating problems when initiating, so we had to create two separate storage domains to get it work.

Ah, good point!

Thanks for your suggestions.

The issue was that the /kernel/drv/fp.conf file was corrupted.
I copied one from another machine and then it worked fine.

/Jan