Hardware virtualization

Hello to all

In my organization we want to pass to move the systems to an virtualized environment, nevertheless, considering the absence of resources, the idea is to acquire the versers and that the department (I) do the facilities, tests, etc. Wearing out the possible minimal cost in licenses.

I have read everything what I have found round there as for vmware and xenserver, although it is true that there is enough information, almost quite it is relative to environments more important than the one that I manage.

That's why the idea wanted to raise you and that you comment to me on your experiences and help me with your knowledge. Of course everything would do it to the minimal possible cost.

The idea is the following one:
Physical server 1: 2 virtual machines: a) mail server, and b) web server(they have to be independent).

Physical server 2: 3 virtual machines: a) file server and databases oracle, b) web server(intranet) working with databases mysql and postgresql, c) Windows 2003 server.

Everything is not implemented on a physical server, because they are going to settle in different networks. It would implant all the servers with Linux (except w2003, skylight) ubuntu or suse preferably.

Is the idea to acquire two servers (hp if possible) with processors Xeon and 8bg?? Of Ram (as I have said the budget it is very limited) who support the execution of these services on virtual machines vmware or xenserver in his free version, if it is possible.

Thanks for your help.

check out What is a vSphere Hypervisor? | Free Hypervisor | VMware . This might be a good option for you. however, there are some limitations in features compared to ESX or vSphere 4 i think its called (sorry i don't use vmware). One limitation is vSphere can do vMotioning which can move virtualized servers between physical hosts without downtime. ESXi can not do this.