Hardware question - UltraAta 133 PCI

Not sure I put this in the right forum, and if I was incorrect. I do a appligize.

Recently I have lost two external hard drives due to heat. I bought internal drives, seperate case's, and made them usb externals. They lasted a long time, but the heat killed them.

While rooting through my peaces and parts box, I found an siig ultra ata 133 pci card. I remember when I first tried to use this in FreeBSD(I think 5.?), it wasn't reconized. And I used in on some windblows systems.

Well, I'd like to try again to use it.

I currently am running FreeBSD 6.3 beta(?) and am ready to upgrade to 7.

Has anyone used this card before? If not, is there a pci card I can buy that will work with bsd?

Different question while I am at it. I also purchased some WD MyBook's awhile back that also did not work with FreeBSD. It would take somewhere like 10/15 minutes before the os would reconize them. Articles I found noted it had something to do with the drives not giving up their serial number or something along that lines. I also found that a patch had been created, but? I just found that article a couple days ago. Would anyone know if this patch had been incoporated into 7???? Id love to stop network backups to these drives and plug then directly into the bsd box for backups.

Lol, and I could as one more question about ntfs-3g???? If anyone had used it? But, I'm just going to install that port after the upgrade and try it.

drool