Hardware HBA problem

I have worked with Qlogic (Sun) fiber cards a lot and with Emulex fiber cards only a little. Here is the scenario: I have a Sun 490 with 3 Emulex cards in it. A pair are for the 6120 array that is attached, the other is a direct attach so our SAN for Veritas Netbackup to back up the system.I installed the Sun Foundation suite to get all the appropriate drivers installed and these 3 have been working perfectly for quite some time.
However, I recently added a fourth card to access some disk that is being published via the SAN fabric (that I am already attached to for backups!). When I boot the box I see the new wwn number and prtdiag reports the card so I know it is not failed in any way. The SAN disk is supposedly published correctly and I should be able to just do a devfsadm and see the new device in format. It does not show up. I know cfgadm will not report it because it is a non-Sun card. What other tools would be available to see out on the network to check the availability of the SAN disk other than just running devfsadm and hoping it will work? The system did reboot over the weekend but a reconfig was not issued, just a normal reboot - I'm wondering if a reboot -- -r would fix this problem. The SAN people tell me that their disk should be published correctly and I verified no switches/fwalls are blocking it (of course it is a direct attach to the SAN fabric, nothing should be).
Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?