Hard disk partition on Original windows 7 Home Premium

Respected Members,
I am using compaq CQ41, with factory install windows 7, there is three drives namely (local Disk( c: ) 158 GB free of 281 GB), (RECOVERY( D: ) 2.69 GB free of 16.7GB) and (HP_TOOLS( E: ) 92.7 MB free of 99.3 MB).

i don't want to lost it,but want to make my system dual boot, so that i can use LINUX, for that purpose i want to make partition in "Local Disk \( c: \)" .

I have use "Shrink volume" under "Computer Management" but it shrinks only 5271 MB.

Please show me the way

Thanks and regards
Vijay Tyagi

---------- Post updated 03-01-13 at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous update was 02-28-13 at 03:25 PM ----------

I have achive half gole, i delete all unwanted data and then do disk defragmentation, then reboot the system and then shrink the disk and now i get a partition of 115 GB, but this partition is not showing by computer during reboot to install another OS(Linux Mint 14), so that my copmuter can become dual boot.
Thanks and Regards
Vijay Tyagi

First in Windows, go to disk management and create a "new partition using existing free space"
Next Install linux selecting this partition. You can choose to format the new partition during Linux installation. Do this carefully, make sure that you are choosing the correct partition.

If your still working on this, I did a similar job with Ubuntu Linux.
When you have your space allocated for Linux Mint, I wouldnt create a partition from windows, leave it unallocated.
When you start the computer with your Linux Mint CD, you should be able to partition it from within the installation. I did this with Ubuntu.