Hacmp

hello

ive 2 nodes aix 6100-04-10-1119 with hacmp 6.1.0.0
my qustion is :
can i add default gateway to one member node with hacmp a live or to do take over to realse one of the members ?

thanks

Hi,

This can depend on how the cluster is running - "Round Robin" or "Cascading" but recommendation I think is to script this after the event anyway - although it has been a long time since I have worked with AIX.

Regards

Dave

Hi,
though I would not think that just adding a gateway would cause any problems (and I know I have done it in the past without problems), I would not risk doing it on a prod system. I probably would restart the entire host to make sure there is nothing left cached pointing to someplace else.
Regards
zxmaus

I suppose this depends on what your cluster is doing and how it is running. If you have a fairly simple service of some sort and a service IP address that all the clients connect to, then I would worry that setting up a default gateway in advance my confuse the non-active node. You may be better setting this when the fail-over is triggered and after the IP address has been assigned to the new active node.

Robin