gunzip: unexpected end of file

Ok, I sent several gzipped files using the UNIX "mail" utility without any special settings (bad idea). When I saved these files from my mail and tried to gunzip them, I would get something like the following error:

gunzip: wmGrep.mel.gz: unexpected end of file

Ok, I messed up. But is it possible to recover these files some how?

I've attatched a sample file if some wizard out there might be able to get somewhere with it (I had to rename it from wmGrep.mel.gz to wmGrep.mel.zip for uploading to this forum).

I have deleted the attahed file, because of format used it is a possible method of propagating viruses to windows users.

I do not suspect that there was anything of this nature in the file you uploaded, but none the less I could not leave it here, and being currently at a windows machine I could not verify it.

Unexpected end of file usually means a currupt file, and I can think of any way to recover the data from this situation.

Damn, I was hoping to avoid any Imperial entaglements! :mad:

And I didn't even store the secret Death Star plans in my little droid. :frowning:

Doh!!!!!

Come on now sicjedi, lets stick to the rules:
(1) No flames, shouting (all caps), sarcasm, bullying, profanity or arrogant posts.

No sarcasm please.

I'm not getting anything out of this forum anyway (statement of fact, not sarcasm).

Logging off.

RIP forum/thread