GUI using C language

Hi friends I have my project based on C platform. I was supposed to develop a GUI. Can u pls suggest me the best way to develop the GUI. I heard that motif is the easy one to develop GUI applications. Pls help me out thanks in advance.

you may want to look into
curses library, motif or gtk

I've heard of qt also, it's c++ but you'll inherit of many GUI classes that would certainly ease your coding!

This isn't a simple question. If there was a "best way" there'd be just one GUI and everyone would use it. How about you outline the way YOU think it would work, even if you don't know how you'd do that in C, so we can discuss the pros and cons?

I'm not a fan of C++, incidentally. I've spent too much time chasing infinite loops hidden inside implicit calls to overloaded operators to trust it.

this is the right thread i was thinking of chasing it,

with respect to programming GUI in curses and in motif,
I could find that curses programming are heavy-weight programs considering the memory used and timetaken to response.

Same implementation done in curses and in motif,
curses was found to be consuming too much of memory compared to the one with motif and in-stead keylogger functionality added to that really brought down to the response.

Could somebody please throw light on whether it could be a bug from the perspective of design, code or basically curses are heavy weight programs?