Gui to command line

Hi,

I am asked to invoke table menu via command line , after that i need to select option in the table menu like REPORT, STATUS ...

After login in to server , I am entering �yct�. It brings me a table with lot of option , I need to scroll down and then select �Report � which display the report,
is it possible to convert this in to single command

Table menu would be like this

==================================================
YCT TABLE MENU 
====================================================

DAILY STATUS

WEEKLY STATUS

DATE

HELP
===================================================== 

Please post the script.

If the position of "Report" is always the same, try something like:

echo "jjjjj^M" | yct

ie, pipe a bunch of down arrow keystrokes followed by an enter into the command.

Searching for YCT, I get two hits on this forum, one on the Microsoft forum that you posted and directed you here:-

Beyond that, I get:-

• Yacht Charter Travel
  • Youth Cancer Trust
  • Young Conservatives of Texas
  • Yellowstone Cut-throat Trout (fish)
  • You Can't Type
  • etc.

It's not available on this site's manual pages as a Solaris command, so assuming that YCT is a home-grown or bespoke application/script, please post the script in CODE tags.

Maybe the letter j will work as suggested by Smiling Dragon, maybe not. What keys do you use to do this manually?

Will this be run from the command line or are you trying to schedule it?

I ask this because it may not like screen handling strings if there is no screen. I recall migrating a Cobol application with a manually driven schedule to another server and implementing a proper scheduler at the same time. Every time the Cobol code wanted to write to the screen with bold, underline, cursor placement etc. or ring the terminal bell, it would abort so we had to go through and remove all the screen controls from the batch code.

Regards,
Robin