GUI Installer Error

Hey

I'm getting the below error when trying to launch the GUI installer.

I contacted the application owner and they asked me to remove JAVA_HOME env variable, I removed it but still get this error.

As the error message said, tried with -console and it didnt work too. nothing happened, it went to back to prompt after few mins.

Any one have faced this problem?

The installer is unable to run in graphical mode. Try running the installer with the -console or -silent flag.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: nativeDeleteFilesAfterExit
        at com.ibm.wizard.platform.aix.AixSystemUtilServiceImpl.deleteFilesAfterExit(AixSystemUtilServiceImpl.java:949)
        at com.installshield.wizard.service.system.PureJavaSystemUtilServiceImpl.deleteLockedFiles(Unknown Source)
        at com.installshield.util.FileUtils.deleteTempFiles(Unknown Source)
        at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard.startup(Unknown Source)
        at com.installshield.boot.BootMain.boot(Unknown Source)
        at run.main(Unknown Source)

You may want to visit this link at java.sun.com and read the paragraph titled "Troubleshooting".

In short they suggest setting the DISPLAY-variable correctly and to make sure "xhost" ist configured on your local system to allow external clients - basic Xserver configuration stuff.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Thank for reply bakunin.

I'm using Citrix to connect to the network and then putty to connect to the server.

Hence provided the localhost as the Citrix server name.

export DISPLAY=[citrix Server]:0.0

then tried to set the xhost but got the below error.

xhost +[citrix Server]:0.0
1356-200 xhost unable to open display "[citrix Server]:0.0:0.0"

What do you think? am doing it right?

You do not "set the xhost". "xhost" is a utility used on a Xserver to allow certain Xclients to access the servers functions (i.i. display a window with the clients output on the servers display). You have to issue the "xhost" command on the system where the X-server runs, naturally.

For a brief interoduction into X-Windows concepts and the meaning of "Xserver" and "Xclient" you may want to refer to this posting or this one.

I hope this helps.

bakunin