Grub can't detect and load windows operating system Arch Linux

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have a system with Intel i3 10th gen 10100 processor and Asus h510 me motherboard. I am using Arch Linux since one year and other Linux distributions since 15 years. Each and every time I always install windows along with Linux and update grub so that I can boot into either Linux system or windows system. But now I can't.

At present I have decided to install Arch Linux freshly and so I did. In order to detect other operating systems I will generally add the following line in the file /etc/default/grub.

GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER = false

After that I have ran the following command

sudo grub-mkconfig /boot/grub/grub.cfg.  

I am able to see messages as found windows system etc.,.

After that I have issued the following command

sudo grub-install  

But when I reboot I can't found windows entry in grub boot loader.

And so I have booted into Arch Linux live usb drive through root account and chrooted into my original system and issued the same commands as above but this time during other os detecting phase I am getting error as something like can't find entry for /dev/sda1.

Here sda is my usb flash drive.

I have used tools like fwupgrademgr and gnome-firmware to update my firmware and removed packages related to AMD and nvidia.

Regarding file firmware I have posted separate thread.

Kindly try to suggest how to make grub detect other operating systems like windows.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Have you tried downloading and burning a Supergrub (or Supergrub2 for Grub V2) DVD and booting from that?

This utility is good for sorting out grub issues and grub multiboot issues.

1 Like

I will try but someone someone suggested to use the distribution cd or dvd to modify grub and not others is it true.

I have removed packages amd-ucode and xorg-driver-amdgpu.