Graphic card problem

Hello experts,
could you Pls. help me on the following problem:
when i boot my system after starting all services it gives me just "login:" prompt & does not go to the standard logging page,and when i insert one of my accounts to login it gives me the following message:

"/dev/fb permission denied
Graphic adapter device /dev/fb is of unknown type

Fatal server error
initOutput: error loading module for /dev/fb"

i can just logging in command prompt mode,when i check the file under /dev they seem ok also the permission & the file itself.
this fb means framebuffer which refers to my creator 3d card ,anyway i don't know what my broblem is cause from.

Pls. help me.

Rgrds,
nikk

Post what type of system and OS (and version), please.

If this is a SUN system, then the card needs specific software loaded for it to work.

Another problem may be ...

Thanks RTM for your reply,
This system has been operational already and this is our server which all packages plus OEM support had been installed on that ,but due to a power failure problem we sent it for servicing & after returning this problem observes.
As this system is very critical i can not reinitialize anything from scratch & i should troubleshoot.

The OS version is solaris8 on U60 machine.

i should ,mention also that "ffbconfig" also did not work as it couldn't open /dev/fb.
but "afbconfig" that is for another card on this system works & gives the proper output.

for /sur/bin/login perm i'll check it tomorrow as the system is in client side but if it was not the case what should i do.
Rgrds,
nikk

You can check out patch 108528 on Sunsolve but I really have to wonder...

1. If you had a power problem, could the card have been fried?
  2. Whoever was suppose to fix it should be responsible for fixing all of it.

I would be wondering what kind of company didn't check out the server completely before giving it back to you. If you have (extensive) documentation on how the server was set up before it had the power failure, I would check that the server is set up the same way. Would also check that the server has the same serial number.