GNUPLOT help needed

Dear All,

I am new to GNUPLOT :smiley: and dont know how it works, but actually there is a LINUX script generated by me which is running & capturing data in real time, the problem is that i want to plot that data in real time using GNUPLOT.:confused:

please help.:wall:

gnuplot's not a realtime monitoring program. Regenerate the plot frequently.

Try getting rrdtool. It uses a png-generation library as a backend, but the rrdtool offers some very nice graphing features with a command-line (ie, script) interface. All docs are in the man pages. Latest version I think is 1.4.16 or something

Hello,
I've been using GNUplot 4.4 and previous since a while now. Here is a website which opened my eyes on this amazing software powerfull enough to make publishable figures!

Have a strong look to the whole website. I have others links if you're interested in even better graphical representations and treatments.

Sorry, I have not 5 posts yet, then the link did not publish here. Will try to message it to you.

Cheers from France,
Thibault

Hi Thibault, I use a lot of gnuplot too. Could you please PM me (or post the link here, now that you have 5 posts) the link to the website you mentioned?

Thanks in advance,
Gaurab

That's it ! :slight_smile:
I hope it gonna help you.

Cheers,
Thibault

1 Like