GNU Sed Problem

Hi, I'm and Android developer using Mac OSX 10.7. I use Dsixda's Android Kitchen to develop my roms. I had it working fine on 10.6.8 and it still worked flawlessly when updating to 10.7. I installed Macports, and installed some packages, and then tried to run the Android Kitchen. I CD'd to the folder and ran the ./menu command, and here is the response I get:

Code:
sed: illegal option -- -
usage: sed script [-Ealn] [-i extension] [file ...]
sed [-Ealn] [-i extension] [-e script] ... [-f script_file] ... [file ...]

Error: You do not have the correct version of 'sed' installed.
Refer to the FAQ for the HTC Android Kitchen at
xda-developers.com to ensure you have installed the GNU
version of sed.

I DO have GNU sed involved. I reinstalled OSX but it was no help. I also checked the FAQ with no help. If possible, I would like to avoid a full system wipe. Is there any way to fix this? It does work if I run a specific script, but it would be nice not to have to do that every time I want to.

I hope you read the following FAQ:

3) Mac OS X
You need OS X 10.3 or higher on an Intel-based Mac (PPC-based systems will have problems)
You must create a .dmg disk image for your kitchen; otherwise the finished ROM will not boot.
Install the Sun Java JDK.
Install the GNU version of sed, as the default Mac OS X version (FreeBSD) of sed is not compatible with the kitchen. So DO NOT use the version of sed that comes with the OS X installer!
You might need to set your PATH variable to point to the folder containing the GNU version, otherwise your Mac may still be using the regular/non-GNU version of sed. Read here to set it automatically upon startup through the .bash_profile file. Note: The new sed path must be the FIRST entry in the PATH variable!
To verify you have the correct version, type sed --version. If this command works without error, and it mentions "GNU" in the output, then it should be good.
If the correct version still does not show up, even though you installed the GNU sed, then read this post for another solution.
If you still cannot manage to install the GNU version of sed, read this post which tells how to use Fink to install sed. Otherwise search Google!
Install gcc (C compiler) if you don't have it by default. Just type 'gcc' to verify you have it. It is included in the XcodeTools package on your installation DVD (more info found in Google).
Ensure you have wget installed. Otherwise, follow the instructions here to install it. Or maybe this way to install is easier

IT is at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Did you post the same question a couple of weeks ago? I remember the same question from 2 weeks ago.

go to /etc paths and check your paths file and make sure your /usr/bin/ is available, and not /opt/local/macports/bin

macports also likes to place a path in your .profile :slight_smile:

These commands may help:

sed --version
which -a sed
type -a sed
echo $PATH