Gnome goes blank after login for a particular user

Hi All,
My Gnome screen goes blank after login happened for a particular user,the gnome is working fine for all other user in the box,please help me out on this ,it was working fine from yesterday but all of a sudden it goes blank .

Could you post the out put of "dmesg|tail -30" command ,taken after loging into system with that perticular user...

:b:

Some gnomes just don't like some users. I would check the user's profile for missing or corrupted files.

I checked with the all the profile files with other user they are same,would you suggest some specific file

I don't use Gnome, or any other graphical interface for that matter, with any confidence.
You should post the operating system and release info though.

I believe the problem in your X , please make sure all your X configuration is correct

Are this user a member of the group video?
Have this user delete some files in the home dir ex .Xauthority

I would rename the users home directory and then make a new one for them Gnome and their applications should generate default configuration files when they login and launch their applications. Just make sure to copy all their documents to their new home directory. Then you can create a new user and attach it to the user in questions old home directory to isolate the problem so you have a better fix next time this happens.

I have taken a complete tar of my Home dir ,but i don't know how to rename Home dir can you suggest me

#cd /home
#mv homedir newname
#mkdir homedir

By doing this when i untar my backup inside the new homedir will it replace all the default file isn't it ,so wouldn't i ended up in the same thing isn't it ,just clear the doubt if you could

When you made the tar of your home directory did you use the relative or absolute path? Since all you are doing is renaming it, you don't really need to tar it up. Assuming the problem is in the home directory, you can just copy or move all of the non-config files to the new directory.