glibc version

I need glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 for a installation. but i got glibc 2.0-2.1 from software centre... what to do? can u help?

That sounds like you are running a very old version of Ubuntu. Why not upgrade to a more recent version? For example, Gutsy uses glibc 2.6.

i am using Ubuntu 10.10
- the Maverick Meerkat - released in October 2010

how do u say it is old : help!!

What are you trying to install? I have lucid and I got 2.11.1 installed.

Lo�c

i am trying to install a tool called daikon... when installing i get this---->

can u help??

Did you tried to install valgrind via apt-get, then your diakon program? What does the following command output?

$(ldd `which ls` | grep libc | awk '{ print $3 }')

Thanks, Lo�c

Sorry, misunderstood what you said. Would not have happened if you has told us what version of Ubuntu you were using in the first place.

the result is :

parama@ubuntu:~$ $(ldd `which ls` | grep libc | awk '{ print $3 }')
GNU C Library (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.12.1-0ubuntu10) stable release version 2.12.1, by Roland McGrath et al.
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.4.5.
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.35 system on 2010-11-17.
Available extensions:
    crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
    GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
    Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
    BIND-8.2.3-T5B
libc ABIs: UNIQUE IFUNC
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.debian.org/Bugs/>.

i installed valgrind... still!! same error...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So you have 2.12.1 installed; so I don't see why he does not meet the requirements?

Perhaps daikon might need some tweaking in order to be compiled on Ubuntu 10.10. Perhaps you should edit the configure script in order to "skip the GLIBC version check", and see if that works...

Alternatively, asking the daikon mailing list or similar might be more appropriate than this forum.

Good Luck, Lo�c