Getting the response code and to know whether web site is loaded

Hi Guys,

Is there any way that we can know whether a website is fullly loaded with Linux command line ?? is there any command in Linux that can achieve that ??

Also,naturally I would also like to get the response code of the particular website/URL that i am testing for ??

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Pradeep

---------- Post updated at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:00 AM ----------

Any help guys ??

---------- Post updated 06-18-14 at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous update was 06-17-14 at 01:03 PM ----------

Any one ?? :frowning:

Instead of repeatedly bumping up your posts, maybe you should look at your original posting and ask yourself: Is there enough of a description here for people to figure out what I want?

What determines whether or not a website is fully loaded?

Are you trying to figure out if your web browser has finished loading a page you want to view in your browser?

Are you using your Linux system to host a website and want to know if trying to access any of the pages on that site from a browser will yield a 404 error?

I, at least, have absolutely no idea what you're trying to do. So, I didn't make any suggestions on how you might accomplish whatever it is you're trying to do.

Other people might have the same question I do, which makes it difficult to suggestion a solution. I'm not sure what "fully loaded" means?

If you just want to know if the website is up and responding to HTTP requests, you can just use "curl" (or another HTTP client command) to pull a URL that indicates that everything is working OK.

But if "fully loaded" means something else, like some initialization has completed, then unless the URL you pick somehow verifies that the initialization is done, then it may not give you the info you want.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping up the post twice..Apologies for that..

Yes..U r rite..I am trying to figure out if the web browser has finished loading a page I want to view in my browser .

---------- Post updated at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:33 PM ----------

Thanks for reply..By fully loaded, I mean whether all the contents in the URL , is fully loaded up in the browser I want to view .So ,not only I want to check the server is up and responding to HTTP requests, but also want to check whether the contents are loaded up .

Thanks