Hi,

I want to use the following ps coomand:
ps -ef | grep test

Result of this command is:
Test 161220 1 0 Oct 04 - 1:11 /test/test

Just mentioning the description of each value in the result:
UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
Test 161220 1 0 Oct 04 - 1:11 /test/test

NOW the requirement is to check the 'TTY' value and 'TIME' value. I have to do certain operations if TTY = '-' and TIME !=0:00 ..........Please help me how to do that?

Thanks.

try this

if [ `ps -efo tty,time,args|awk '/test/{print $1}'` -eq '-' -a `ps -efo tty,time,args|awk '/test/{print $2}'` -ne "0:00" ]

Thanks Vidyadhar,

It is giving error, saying no match for if.....I tried by putting fi...did not work....also it is not any file in which I will have TIME and TTY..........Actually in my shell script I will execute "ps -ef | grep test" command first and then in the second line I want to do that operation on the result set of "ps -ef | grep test" command.

I think we should check 6th (TTY) and 7th (TIME) column values. Please suggest.

ya i know its not file.. thats why i selected the required fields from ps -ef by using -o option it will give only TTY ,TIME and ARGS field.
did you tried if ;then;fi?? if its not working take TTY and TIME in some variables and then compare it in inside if loop..
regards,
vidyadhar

I tried something like that.....
ps -ef | grep test
if [ `ps -efo tty,time,args|awk '/test/{print $1}'` -eq '-' -a `ps -efo tty,time,args|awk '/test/{print $2}'` -ne "0:00" ] then
fi

error message was:
0403-057 Syntax error: `fi' is not expected.

Thaks I will try again.

are you aearching for olapisrv?? then inplace of test write olapisrv and after if you need ';'

That I had changed......but as currently I am not getting '-' from my ps command (that will come when there will be a erros and I will send mail in THEN condition....). I have pts/2 as TTY value....I get the following message:

pts/2: 0403-009 The specified number is not valid for this command.

use "==" instead of "-eq"

I am replacing -eq with == and it gives syntax error.....can you please suggest me in the following...
if [ `ps -efo tty,time,args|awk '/test/{print $1}'` -eq '-' -a `ps -efo tty,time,args|awk '/test/{print $2}'` -ne "0:00" ]

oh ho,try this

if [ "`ps -efo tty,time,args|awk '/test/{print $1}'`" == "-" -a "`ps -efo tty,time,args|awk '/test/{print $2}'`"  != "0:00" ]

Thanks for your patience and time.