Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds.

Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds.

# istat opc_inst.log
Inode 8309 on device 10/7       File
Protection: rw-r--r--
Owner: 0(root)          Group: 0(system)
Link count:   1         Length 9741 bytes

Last updated:   Fri Oct 23 14:46:11 2015
Last modified:  Fri Oct 23 14:46:11 2015
Last accessed:  Sun Nov 15 20:56:36 2015

yes istat list the time upto seconds but i want to combine both find + istat ..so the result of find command will pass to istat command and give the modification time .
I also want only last modification time not all the details.

You might want to take a look at the man page of find , especially the -exec clause. Reading out loud the man pages of known commands is a service we offer only to VIP members, you know.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

1 Like

p.s. - if this is something that GNU coreutils provides as an argument (i.e., is this something you already do using find on GNU Linux) - then I would suggest trying to load GNU coreutils on AIX.

p.p.s. If I recall correctly, this is a question like one we had we had not too long ago - but that was about df and du . You can find extra info on how to locate coreutils for AIX there.