get rid off wrong software dependencies

Hi all,

I got some odd results within lppchk on some systems I administer.

AIX 5.3 System with lppchk -v gives this result:

devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.2.0.0 (not installed; requisite fileset)
devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.2.0.51 (usr: not installed, root: COMMITTED)
devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.3.0.30 (usr: not installed, root: APPLIED)

As mentioned above, there is AIX 5.3 installed. I do not want and take the system down as it is working now, but still wanna fix this wrong listing :slight_smile:

For once, i tried to isntall AIX 53-04-CSP as the 5.3.0.30 package should be in there. Nothing happened. Then I thought I might give 53.05.06 a try and install the devices.common.IBM.iscis.rte v 5.3.0.50. This failed as the requisite is failing. Deinstalling devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.3.0.30 would mean to deinstall all dependencies also, and those are quite a lot :slight_smile:
I cannot find devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.3.0.30 @ IBM website as the fixcentral stopped giving me the chance to download old filesets..

Anybody has some ideas how to clear this mess ? I do not know how to reject certain versions of an applied filepackage. Deleting it out of the ODM would prolly help, but might bring some other errors :frowning:

Thanks for your replys,

tenshi

*edit:
OSLEVEL shoudl be 5300-05-06

EDIT:

got it myself. Had to really delete the fileset out of the ODM with following procedure:

tar -cvf /tmp/odm.xx.tar /etc/objrepos and /usr/lib/objrepos

1. odmget -q name=devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte lpp

output will show lpp_id. remember that one :slight_smile:

1. odmdelete -q name=devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte -o lpp
  2. odmdelete -q lpp_name=devices.common.IBM.iscis.rte -o product
  3. odmdelete -q lpp_id="X" -o history
  4. odmdelete -q lpp_id="X" -o inventory

Then reinstall the base fileset with Force-Flag and update it till the wanted TL is installed.