Get blank screen when killing a UNIX session on HP-UX

Hi,
I have this Unix script that kills a user session. When I run it, my screen goes blank. How do I prevent the blank screen?

Ex: I open 2 Unix sessions. The main PID for my 1st session is 1234. In the second session I issue a "kill -HUP 1234". The first session gets killed but the second session goes blank (I must hit Enter to get a prompt again). I want to prevent this second session from going blank.

I have tried running the script in background (ie: &) and also redirected the output to /dev/null but nothing will do.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks.

What's the contents of the script?

The script is quite short. It receives the Unix pid to be killed and executes the "kill -HUP $1". When I execute the kill command at the Unix prompt it gives the same result. This is called from an OpenEdge program and really messes up the display. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Could someone running HP-UX please run my test above and let me know if you also get the blank screen.

I am starting to wonder if my terminal emulator is not the culprit here.

Thanks.

Ah, a terminal emulator! What you describe often happens with terminals emulators. Which terminal emulator?

I'm using CRT from VanDyke Software. I used a good old Windows Telnet session to access the HP box and ran my kill. The screen did not go blank. SO, yes, that is a terminal emulator issue with CRT. I'd be curious to know what causes this and how it can be prevented...