FTP with Dialup

I wanted to know how if there is anyway one can copy a file through a dialup modem connection using ftp or any other command on sco unix.

I am connecting from a remote terminal to a SCO server and want to download a file from the server. Any suggestions?

This depends on what kind of "terminal" you're using. You need something both sides understand. Examples I've seen on other forms of unix include kermit and zmodem.

I am connecting from a windows environment with a terminal emulator to a Sco Unix server.

I don't have access to either of your systems. You are going to have to look at your systems to see what is available to you.

If I was using hyperterminal on XP to connect to HP-UX.... I click on transfer in hyperterminal , then Receive File. The pop-up window give me a list of protocols. I see that one of them is xmodem. I see that HP-UX has "umodem -- XMODEM-protocol file transfer program", so I would try that.

Now you must look at both sides of your connection and find what is available to you.

I believe if you have zmodem available, that protocol is faster than xmodem. Like Perderabo said, you need to figure out what's available, but if you have zmodem, use it.