FTP Unix Box to Windows Shell Script

Hello All,

Could someone help me out with this? I want to incorporate this into an existing script so the output of a SAS job can be ftp'd from our UNIX box to a directory on a drive in Windows environment. Can this be done with no extra third party software? We currently use Putty for copy and pastes from Windows to Unix but if I can find an automated solution to fit the rest of my job I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.

Jose

Is FTP (IIS) server installed on your windows machine ( windows 2000,2003 server)?

If yes? you can use it....

ftp -n 10.228.249.130 <<! # Ip address of the server
user test 123 # username (test) and password (123)
bin #for binary tranfer
put file_name #put the file file_name
bye # end the connection
!

I know you said "without adding software" but this one is "free" - at least that is what i saw when I googled it to check.

Samba is a free software that will define your unix directory to the windows environment and so you don't have to ftp anything. It is set up on the unix box. Then you can "see" the unix directory from windows. One precaution- moving something to or from the unix area may have different results that what you did with FTP depending on if you were using ASCII or binary transfer mode and the type of SAS file you are working with.