FTP Question

Is ther a way to change the drive letter on the target (remote) system from inside the FTP program?

I am playing with an FTP script between two internal systems at my company. My problem is I land on the wrong drive when connecting with FTP, and I want to be able to change drives in order to be able to get to the directory containing the files I am trying to get. Any ideas?

southpaw

You use the CD command. Assuming that the drive is mounted and the FTP server gives the user access to it.

I guess I should have explained more fully.

The FTP is being launched from a UNIX platform, but the target for the FTP is a windows NT system. When the FTP connects, I am dumped into the "C" drive. The actual folder containing the files I need is the server's "O" drive.

THe cd command will let me move up and down the directory structure on the "C" drive, but will not let me move to the "O" drive.

southpaw :confused:

This still should hold. What Windows FTP server is being used? If you are using IIS, you need to specify a mapping to the O drive, something like "/odrive" and then doing a cd to /odrive will take you to the root of that drive.