ftp + pop up messge

Hi ,

Please give your valuable suggestion for my following query.

I need to generate a pop up message when a cronjob fails. The cron job is in the load server and I need to show the pop up message in another web server. That is the output file(a.out) of the cron job file needs to be transferred from the load server to the web server . Then I need to create a new cgi file(popup.cgi) in the web server which reads the output file(a.out) and generate the pop up message in two pages (index.cgi and messages.cgi) which are in the web server.
In case of failure, it should show a pop up message as FAILURE. This message should be hidden when the out put file (a.out) is holding the word success.

Please let me know if u need more clarification on this and share ur opinion about this logic.If u have any other smarter way, Please yours is mostly welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
E.Ela

well.....
if i got your post right, you want to know when to transfer a file generated in one server, to other.

just make the cron script better so it will know that it failed, ad send a file with a report (using ftp or scp) to the diplay server

or install The Hobbit Monitor
and create a custom script in the load server :smiley:

You can use wall command.
I am not sure how to use it but it uses to prompt all logged in users with message.

• nilesh

Hi..thanks for ur reply ..I need to display a pop up messge in a browser when the cron job fails....
So shell i use any command to assist this task???

Thanks and Regards,
E.Ela
success250=`grep -c 250.Transfer.completed.successfully /tmp/int002_$$`
mail_list="elavv2003@gmail.com"
if [ "$success250" -eq 1 ]
then
cat $1 /tmp/ela01_$$ > /tmp/ela01err.$$

mutt $mail_list -s "Success "\`basename $0\` -i "/tmp/ela01err.$$" </dev/null
else
mutt $mail_list -s "FAILURE "\`basename $0\` -i "/tmp/ela01err.$$" </dev/null

fi